Friday, January 31, 2014

Baby E - Snap! Pregnancy Album - Part 1 & 2

When I found out I was pregnant mid last year and the news had sunk in, I immediately started the foundations of this Snap! pregnancy journal. At first I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew...could I complete a WHOLE album? I am one of those notorious scrapbookers that starts projects and lets them fall by the wayside.
WELL....here I am expecting baby E any day now and I have basically finished!!!
I am going to share part 1 & 2. Part 3 will be on the blog as soon as Baby E is here. I decided to use the chipboard dividers that came with the Snap! album to divide the book into 3 parts for each trimester. It worked perfectly. 

This book is 'suppose' to be gender neutral. For those that don't know..we are expecting a boy but I don't trust those scans really so I tried to keep it as gender neutral as I could.

*sorry for the picture heavy post*


PART ONE:
So this is the skinniest section of the book. I didn't find out for sure that I was pregnant until I was 9 weeks which meant that there was only 3 weeks where I really knew to document what was going on. This is why this section has most of the journalling and just the first ultrasound scans. I found this section the hardest to complete and to be honest..just last week I re-did the whole thing. It was hard to know what to write and say.












PART TWO:
This was my favourite section to complete...all the exciting stuff happened in this trimester. We got engaged, moved into our new place, set up his nursery and overall I just had the most energy over the whole pregnancy in this trimester. I had a lot of pictures from this section, so it's a very picture heavy part of the book!
I really enjoyed putting in some interactive elements where I could with sequin pockets and pull out journal cards.
My favourite page in this section would have to be our engagement. On the same spread I also documented our 'cake reveal' where we baked a cake and coloured the centre blue. Our families had to guess what it would be!

















TO BE CONTINUED

So here's a little sneak at the cover for PART 3. This is the chunkiest section as I had all my maternity pictures too! & I even put in the baby shower invite.
I wanted to leave sharing this one until Baby E is here, as the very last page is left reserved for hospital pictures!
The plan then is to move straight onto his first year 12x12 album which you can see the start of in this post here.


THE WHOLE ALBUM:
Here you can see what I mean when I say 'chunky'. It surely did get a lot bigger than I expected it to be. I have decided now that I want a nice thick ribbon to tie around it for in the baby box. Just need to find the right one. Of course the label needs to be filled with a name and date of birth as soon as I can!



So overall for my first attempt at Project Life style scrapbooking, I was pretty happy with the result. I can't wait to share part 3..hopefully very soon ~ this baby is now FOUR days overdue. He's obviously quite content and happy in there!

Much love. x

18 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous book!! I can't wait to see the final part!! Best of luck with these final days :) xx

cristi wuenschel said...

love this album! i'm in the planning stages of mine. if you stop and visit my blog, I've been documenting my pregnancy on there, but haven't started putting things into an album yet...

followed you. ;)

Leanne said...

This PL album is just fabulous!!! I can't wait for you to share the rest! All the best for the safe delivery of baby E...x

Bernii Miller said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Kyala!! Baby E will cherish this !!

Kel said...

What a beautiful keepsake for Baby E to have.....best wishes for a safe arrival. Can't wait to see his pic xx

Caroline B said...

This is seriously gorgeous. You are going to make such a great mum & I can't wait to catch up and finally meet baby E.

Tina said...

Love this album! You did a great job! I wish you an easy and fast delivery of Baby E! Can't wait to " meet " him or her !

Tina said...

Love this album! I hope you have a fast and easy delivery of Baby E! I can't wait to " meet" him!

miasmummy said...

Kayla, this is just absolutely beautiful, what a wonderful keepsake!! Don't stress about the baby coming, my 1st was 10 days over, she was happy in there, and I felt fine!! You'll have plenty of sleepless nights to come, I hope you can make the most of it before baby E arrives… I can't wait to hear about his birth though, it's exciting when my old scrapbook memories forum mates are having babies!!! You'll be a perfect Mum!! xxx

lil gik said...

Wow, what an amazing mini, so many great details! All the best for a safe arrival of your little one!

Melissa Smith said...

Wow!! Incredible! I so so wish I was a scrapper when I was pregnant or mine were little! Wonderful keepsake!

Leslie Webster said...

Such a beautiful album, you've done a wonderful job on it so far. Certainly something to treasure in the years to come. Hope you have an easy delivery!

Linda said...

What a wonderful keepsake! This is so much better than any store-bought baby album! You have done a beautiful job.

Carlie said...

Absolutely love the album. It is really beautiful and inspiring.

Agnus K. said...

Such a beautiful way to document your pregnancy. All the best with Baby E's arrival xx

Andrea said...

This is awesome and you did a wonderful job! I planned to do this as well, but lost my little one at 12 weeks. I'm going to use your inspiration and create one someday!! thanks!

TracieClaiborne said...

I am BLOWN AWAY by this! Amaze-balls! Love, love, love!

Elmi Raubenheimer said...

This is such a beautiful book, worthy of a loved baby and one he will surely treasure! I had my first baby a few months back, and although the scrapper in me nagged me to do something similar, I had no energy and was nauseous most of the time, so obviously that didn't happen. Then she was born and life suddenly spun out of control and here we are, 6 months later, and after seeing your gorgeous album, scrapper's guilt kicked in, LOL! But the way you did it, with the Simple Story system, makes it look quite doable, and those little personal touches you put everywhere makes it quite unique.

So thank you for the inspiration (really, it's AWESOME), and the figurative "kick in the butt", I needed that. Now to go find an album, photos, and some Simple Story stuff.